Monday, August 13, 2012

Beginning the Test Automation



We got this order to freeze our current project and join the test automation project, which was lead by Krishantha Samaraweera. 23 of us were divided in to 2 groups and assigned two of our major products, ESB and GREG. I am in the GREG test automation team. Here we are using a test framework called as 'Clarity'. Clarity was wso2 built testing framework which can be used to test our own products. Clarity is still under development. I will talk more about this framework in one of my future posts.

All the tests that we are writing is submitted as patches to the public jira project 'Test Automation'. Our team lead take a look at that and apply them to the main trunk/branch as we are not having committer rights. I will elaborate more on this jira thing and patch submission in my future posts.

We have to adhere to the standard coding style that is used in wso2. I have posted on this matter earlir in this blog. How to use the style xml to configure eclipse. You can find that post here. We used the remote debugging that is available in the IDE to test or patches. You can find my article on remote debugging here.

This was a nice learning curve for all of us. We went through lot of training sessions and was informed with best practices when testing, which were great additions to our knowledge. And it was a new place I was in 59 branch and now I am in 58 branch. And I must mention that here the TT table is far better than what we had in 59. After all this is temporary, I will return to the 59 after this test automation thing is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment