Saturday, June 30, 2012

Remote debugging with eclipce, for WSO2 Data service Server (will work for any server).


As I am working with RSS manager , it gave me some errors. Only way I knew to debug this is using print statements. But with sysouts I couldn't figure out the error. I had a small doubt whether one variable is not initialized. So need a way to check this, I found this remote debugging option which felt like home. It was like debugging a small app on the IDE.

This is how you can do it.

Go to debug configuration (just right click in the project Debug As>Debug configuration)
There go to 'Remote Java Application'
fill it like below


Run the server with given port as debug port

./wso2server.sh --debug 8000

put some breakpoints and you are good to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment