Thursday, September 6, 2012

Back to the Frozen project


With the end of the automation hackathon we are back on our original projects which were frozen over a month. I have forgotten almost everything related to my project. Luckily I have my own blog to read :D. Several thing to do before starting it all over again. First I need to move in to the trunk again (as this will not be there in the next release). I have to take a svn up in the trunk and build it (as we were working in the branch for the last month).

I got a svn up and started building it. Soon as I enter the component in platform I got a error and looks like it is not fixed yet and the fix seems to be long. At the same time I got the feeling that this specific component might not be wanted for the product I am working in(DSS). As I don't have a clear and complete idea about the components that are used in the DSS, hoping that is not used in the DSS and to avoid unwanted problems, I started the build with the option -P product-<product name> in this case it is mvn install -P product-dss. Soon I got to know that component is there in dss too :(. Anyway it is good to know that maven command to build only one product.

Building only one product
This is something new I learned when I was in the automation hackathon. There we worked in a product called greg and didn't want to build anything other than what is needed to continue our work with greg testing. Building the whole thing is too expensive. So for anyone who needs to build only the components, stubs, etc. that is need to a one product, can use the below method.

  1. go to the platform directory
  2. enter command for building(that you normally use) with following added to the end -P product-<product name>, replacing the <product name> with the product name that you are targeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment